Wright Bros. Real Estate is looking to help assist People to People’s program called Back to School With Dignity. If you haven’t already heard about this incredible program, here’s what you
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes
With freezing temperatures upon us it is important to make sure the pipes in your home do not freeze. The following techniques might help:
1. Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
2. Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
3. When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
4. Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
5. If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Click here to see the listings of energy efficient homes for sale in Rockland.
I am a proud Nyack resident with over 10 years of experience in real estate. I developed a real passion for this industry when I got my first apartment at age 24, and since then have became the owner/....
Latest Blog Posts
The historic Saratoga race track is worth the scenic 2 ½ hour ride form Nyack. It is a beautiful venue filled with pageantry during the brief racing season. Considered the oldest sporting venue
Fabulous contemporary 5 bedroom, 4 full and 2 half bath home. Open concept layout is perfect for large family and friends gatherings. Cathedral 12'ceilings, crown moldings, no expense spared! Very